Record drawing for the ceiling for the study, 1769, as executed (1)
The study (later the boudoir and now the drawing room) is a square room, located on the ground storey, in the northwest corner of the principal block, between William Weddell’s dressing room and the 1807 dining room. The bookcases were installed by Belwood in c1790.
The ceiling was executed in accordance with Adam’s design, and survives in situ. It has been repainted in accordance with the original colour scheme of green, pink and Indian red.