Survey drawings of Mr Prichard's premises, High Street (3)
Drawing 18 shows a symmetrical three-bay, three storeys with attic house over a bow-windowed shop flanked either side by a door. The High Street descends steeply from the left to the right of the building (north to south according to a map of Bristol, SM 57a/3/3). The premises measure 'about 120 ft' from front to back, whilst the front measures 22 feet across. Mr Prichard's building was surveyed during George Bailey's third site visit to Bristol on 13 October 1826 (Day Books, p. 271). The premises backed onto the Maryport churchyard (also known as St Mary-le-Port), the ruins of which have survived following the blitz of Bristol in November 1940, although Mr Prichard's shop has not.