Preliminary design and record drawing for an ornamental triumphal arch and lodge in Saltram Park, 1782, as executed with alterations (2)
The arch was designed to be visible from the north-facing windows of the dining room, and was executed as in the drawings, except with all ornamentation left out, and flat pilasters. The stucco only survives on the left-hand flanking wall; the rest is exposed red brick. According to Cornforth, it was also used as a keeper's cottage, and there is a small lodge, now roofless, behind the left-hand flanking wall. It is now known as Boringdon Arch as it has been separated from the Saltram estate by the expansion of Plympton.