The almost square plan of this later design is bisected in the middle by a north-south corridor, fifteen wide, that has an entrance lobby and a centrally placed stair. This corridor is then revised so that it contains an entrance lobby, a domed vestibule and a stair at the back of the house. Either side of the corridor are two reception rooms with the 30 foot long drawing room and dining room placed on the south side of the house and with the smaller room for Mr Smith and an un-labelled room to the north. The old offices on the west side have gone to be replaced by a greenhouse. The variously bowed and other additions (drawings 1-12) to the south and east previously proposed by Soane have gone. This later rough design is simpler and more economical than the three variant designs made in 1785. A ground floor plan published in an estate agent's brochure (Jackson-Stops & Staff, c.2005, SM Information Files) suggests that the main elements of Soane's plan of May 1792 with its four rooms and wide corridor were carried out.
The recto of this drawing is one of three for the restoration of the old hall, Gonville & Caius College, Cambridge and is dated 15 March 1792.