Astrop Park, Kings Sutton, Oxfordshire: alterations and additions for Revd W.S.Willes, 1805 (10)
Sir John Willes (d.1761) was Lord Chief Justice. He built Astrop Park.... His son inherited it and dying without an heir, the house went to his cousin the Reverend William Shippen Willes (d.1822). In 1866 the house was sold to Sir William Richmond Brown (d.1906). Information from Northamptonshire Record Office on-line.
Astrop House is a Grade: II* listed house Built c.1740, additiions by Soane in 1805. The wings added by Soane were heightened in the nineteenth century and demolished in 1961. Source : English Heritage : legacy record, 1960 (on-line)
Soane's proposals for adding wings to the existing house were carried out but later demolished.