To the east of the swan pond there is a group of terraced cottages with a central circular Tuscan porch. The surviving buildings closely follow Adam’s design, with minor alterations made at a later date in which the doors of the end cottages were relocated to the end bays. King notes the presence of a number of buildings to the rear of the cottages, some of which predate the 1779 cottages. He surmises that this accounts for the irregular east wall shown on Adam’s plan SM Adam volume 41/63.
King draws comparisons between the use of the circular porch in this design, and its use in Adam’s schemes for Lord Findlater’s house and a cottage at Strawberry Hill. There are a number of further cottages constructed in Mistley during this period, and it is believed that they relate to a bequest set aside in Robert Rigby the elder’s will. He allotted the sum of £300 for the purposes of almshouses to be built in the village, but it was not until 1778-9 that this was carried out.